Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Elfsisters' Art Adventure - A Big Sticky Mess - Week 6


Yup - I had way to much fun this week! I think that this whole thing is just fabulous and the more we get into the more fun I'm having. Now, since I had so much fun there are a lot of pictures - so brace yourself!


This weeks assignment was to drip something on the page,
close it, and come up with a print! 
Let's just say I really got into it :)

Layer 1
Gatoraid and Blood


Yes I said blood! I started with the bottom of my red gatoraid...
And then decided blood was a liquid and added a heart! 

Layer 2
Diet Coke


The Diet Coke didn't add much color,
but it smudged things some! 

Layer 3
Coffee


I was surprised that the coffee didn't make it darker!
I think that's when I really started having fun, 
seeing how things really interact with paper :)

Layer 4
Strawberry-banana Juice


This one was another big surprise because the juice is THICK,
but it only added a little bit more pink to the page.
So I got crazy...

Layer 5
Syrup!


Yes syrup. It dried amazingly well! But it took a full day...
I'm not done though...

Layer 6
Chocolate!


I wanted some COLOR but I was determined to stay with foods.
So I added chocolate - and its STILL not dry!
I'll be sticking a piece of wax paper in there :P


Ok I wanted to get more drawing done this week, but I didn't.
BUT this is my "secret" piece I was designing and it technically works
for both last month and this month! I have a triskele, and the writing is in Elvish!


What do you think?

Now make sure you go check out Meri's Blog to see what she did and get the assignment for this upcoming week in the Wreck This Journal! I'm reading the Hobbit and I'm hoping to get to draw some things inspired by that for our June LOTR challenge :)

3 comments:

Meri Greenleaf said...

What is it with you and Josh using food? LOL! But I think it means that you're more into the fun of wrecking than I am. I'm still trying to be too neat and artistic with it. Heh.

Ooo, and loving the elvish! :D Is that in your WTJ or something? Because now I want to write that in there. ;)

You should draw Smaug- I know I will. Heehee!

Hey, question- why do you upload the pictures to blogger? Isn't it easier to just dump them onto flickr and copy that code into your entry? *headscratch* Because this way you're uploading them twice, ya know?

Anonymous said...

I don't EVEN want to know where you got the blood from!!!! Looks like fun!

Kristin Aquariann said...

Fun journal adventure! And lovely Elvish writing. :D