Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crafty ADD Update #1

I had so much fun with my post last week "Queen of the Crafty ADD" that I decided I want to make it a regular feature!

To start off...I want to show a knitting project that I've been working on all summer! Ok, so I haven't worked on it in at least a month... See I didn't know how to cast off and that's how long it took for Mom and I to manage to get together for her to show me! I could have just looked it up on-line but I figured since this has been a "Mommy and Me" thing that I'd wait until she could show me. The scarf isn't done - but it's done for now. I want to add fringe and I'm trying to decide if I want to bead the fringe I'm putting it aside. I did look at some beads while at the store the other day, but I didn't find any that were right for this scarf. So until I do...or until I decide to go for straight fringe...it's put away in the bin!

Oh yes, and this is my second knitting project ever :D I'll do another knitting project after I'm done with my current crochet project. I only want to have one yarn project at a time. I do try to limit ADD-ness a just a wee bit!


Speaking of crochet projects - I've come a long ways since last week! I've been taking to this like a duck to water :D The current plan is to do 15 squares in each color and then I'll lay them all out and decide how I want the pattern to look and figure out if I need any more of any of the colors. I have the first color done and I started on the second one - a lighter green :)
I finished up the second penquin on my bookmark this week and started in on the third! I've worked on it just about every day this week...which is a big difference from before. I had been going through a big down period when it came to cross-stitch, and now I'm back and kicking!


There is NO WAY I could update you on all my jewelry projects during the week. Besides, you get to see my stuff in other posts through out the week! But it wouldn't be a true ADD update if I didn't show you what's currently in the works! I usually have at least one bead weaving project going at all times and today is no exception. I'm working a bracelet in brick-stitch. The pattern is actually stolen from a cross-stitch book that had a bunch of edging patterns. I thought it looked cool so now it's going to be a bracelet!


We'll see how much I get done this next week with moving. It could go either way. I might get a ton done as I'm forcing my self to relax inbetween spurts of packing and then unpacking...or I may get very little crafting done. You'll find out next week!

6 comments:

BeadedTail said...

So many crafts, so little time huh? Everything looks great though!

Merily said...

Nothing wrong with crafty ADD. ;)

I'm still loving those penguins- they're just so cute! I can't wait to see all that stuff done. :D

Splendid Little Stars said...

fun stuff! Let's see that bracelet!

Cindy Caraway said...

Wow! You keep busy - I love granny squares and especially in GREEN :)

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me said...

You are not kidding, you DO have crafty ADD!! LOL, but there are worse things to have, LOL!!!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

You're getting so much done! I don't think crafty ADD is such a bad thing :)