Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cook Book's Lie and Preparation for Saturday

Cook books lie. Don't believe them. Seriously! Ok, well I do like experimenting, and sometimes my experiments turn out great. Other times my experiments turn out ... scary. And of course there's the in between.

The chicken cordon bleu I made tonight did NOT look like the picture. That picture looks much yummier for one thing :P Mine actually didn't taste too bad, but it used Panko bread crumbs for the coating, and it just didn't work for me on chicken. I like it on fried fish, but it just didn't fit here.

Oh yes, crafty stuff, I suppose you want to hear about that now right? Well, in my defense, cooking is an art! Not necessarily the way I do it, but does that really matter?

Actually, cooking is the biggest crafty stuff I did today. The rest of what I did was...preparing to be crafty? I guess that's the best way to put it. Or at least, that's what my exhausted brain is pulling out!

I ran a bunch of errands today, including crafty errands. I have a custom order that I've been working on and I needed to get some findings that I don't usually carry on hand. While I was out I ran across a going out of business sale and got some cardboard displays that I'm really excited about! It changes my display plans - but for the better! I might get you a picture before the Market on Saturday, and if I don't, you'll see it when you see my photos from this weekend!

5 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I don't cook so I'm impressed with anyone who makes chicken cordon bleu! Glad you're getting all ready for the weekend and can't wait to hear how it goes!

Ani said...

Yeah, really, what Sharla said! But I understand about cookbooks. Mine don't usually look like the pictures either. I think they use fake food for the photographs!

Speaking of...will be looking forward to seeing those pictures soon! (Oh, and what store is going out?)

Memories for Life said...

My recipes don't ever look as good as the book either...LOL!

Erika said...

I actually cannot stand it when a cookbook does not have a photo of what I want to cook--I like to have it for a reference! Now if only my version always tasted great.

marsspyder said...

Once while working in fast food, I made a sandwich that looked just like the picture. I was so proud. That is possibly the only time that has ever happened (to me or a hamburger).