Monday, September 7, 2009

Crafty ADD Update #7

I'm having so much fun doing these weekly updates! Especially because I can look at my folders and see the progress I've made over time :) I think after a couple of months of this I'll make a slide show to share w/ you all so you can see the fun progression like I can!

Cross Stitch

I finished my butterfly book mark! I have a few ideas for the next one, but I need to do some sketching before I can start it. Some things I use patterns from others, some times I make up my own, the next one will be one of my own :D

Until I get around to sketching the next book mark I'm working on taking thread and putting it on bobbins. I have this whole bag (that you see to the right of the picture) of random colors that my Mom gave me. Up until now I've just been pulling out the colors I needed and putting them on bobbins, but I want to have it more organized and easier to access. I already have a box like this of DMC colors that I've collected over time, and now I'll have a box of random colors with no DMC numbers :P

Crochet

My new baby blanket (for my cousin) is going SLOW. As you might be able to tell, the yarn has silver threads through it, which is gorgeous, but HARD to deal with! So I'm crocheting much slower than I was on the previous blanket I was working on. Hoping I'll speed up as I get used to it.

Jewelry


I spent most of last week working on my Mom's Birthday Present, but I got going on a new project yesterday! I had a custom order for some earrings, and when I got done with that I made two more pairs in the same style but with different colors! Hopefully I'll get them in my shop soon :) And I'm sure I'll make more too!

9 comments:

Meri Greenleaf said...

I love your crafty ADD posts- we get to see all the awesome random things you're working on. :D

That's such a good idea for the thread! It's gotta be annoying to do, though, right?

Everything is looking great- that blanket is going to be lovely!

Dawn N said...

You remind me of myself- too many crafts and not enough time. I keep thinking that if I concentrate on just one craft I'll get a lot more finished. But then I'm off in another direction again.

BeadedTail said...

Everything is looking great Ruthie, especially those earrings! They turned out great and I can't wait to see the custom order you did! :D (picture a dancing banana here)

TiLT said...

A slideshow recap will be cool :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

I feel just like Dawn (above). Oh, but isn't it fun?! Your projects look great, Ruthie!

Marlaine said...

Wow, you've really been busy and at so many different things. I get going too many directions at times too. Right now beading is winning out! But when hockey season starts (pre-season next week) I'll be knitting my way through the hockey games!

storybeader said...

looks like you're real busy. I used to cross stitch - don't know if I have my box, very similiar to yours. Anyway, put the #s on the little bobbins! {:-D

Erika said...

Your updates are a great tool for keeping us on our toes as well. Can't be sloths when there are things to get done!

Memories for Life said...

The slideshow is a great idea :)

Love how the butterfly bookmark turned out!

And those black and orange earrings look great!