Thursday, September 3, 2009

More About my Project

Yesterday I blogged about my jewelry board project. One of my friends asked why I was hanging all my jewelry up? Well the answer is fairly simple - I have too much jewelry!

Ok, maybe not too much, but the only way to put it in a jewelry box would be to buy an expensive jewelry armoire. While that would be pretty, that is, like I said, expensive! In my apartment up north I simply put a bunch of thumb tacks into the wall. It was a college apartment and rather pathetic, so I didn't care :P

Since we've moved home from Ellensburg most of my jewelry has been boxed up, or lying in a plastic tub. So either I've had no access to it for a year, or it's been tangling easily in my box so I haven't been pulling it out too often!

Using the bulletin board to hang up my necklaces and bracelets, and then the embroidery hoops for my earrings, will keep my jewelry untangled and easy to access! That means I'll probably wear it more often. Who knows? Maybe that will lead to more sales!

I also have some new items to show you! Leave me a comment about your favorite to get an extra entry in my top commentators contest!

7 comments:

Memories for Life said...

I think it's a great idea to hang up your jewelry...I need to do the same!

I'm totally lovin' your Light Purple Flower Lace Bead Woven Bracelet! That design is so cool!

Birdwell said...

I use a hexagonal "loom" to hang my necklaces. It WAS for those yarny placemat things...or whatever. I'll have to post a pic of it. I do need to find something for my hook earrings...I like your embroidery hoops idea. My mom uses a frame that she tacked a web onto to hold hers. What I do need (that I had as a child) is a holder for my studs. I had a plastic lady bug and plant one--it stood and had holes for the earrings. It held both studs and hooks.

Meri Greenleaf said...

lol, I think I was the confused one. ;)

Now I see why you're doing it and I think it's a great idea!

I love that hemp bracelet with the green beads. :D

BeadedTail said...

Ah, so it is personal jewelry - that answered my question! Hopefully it all works out so you can wear it more often.

Of your new pieces, I like that purple lace beadwoven bracelet!

Meghann said...

I love that pink lace bracelet - gorgeous (as always)!
Have a great weekend :)

storybeader said...

I have to go back and look at the beginning of the project! I know the feeling, though!

Marlaine said...

There are some very pretty pieces there! Good idea with the jewelry.