Sunday, April 24, 2011

Let's Play - Name That Bracelet! (LoTR Themed)

The current theme for the Etsy Beadweavers is Lord of the Rings - and I've been inspired! So far I have a bracelet (see below) and two pairs of earrings that I aren't necessarily LoTR specific, but I used the beads from the bracelet :P I also have a small embroidery hoop with green fabric in front of me to make a broach :) Yep - I'm a happy girl!

My only problem? The bracelet has no name! Let me share it with you before I go on:


I'm in love with this one! I used large seed beads in dark green for the base, and embellished it with two sizes of crystals, silver beads, and of course, leaf beads!

Now for what I need from you:
I need a name. 

I know that I want to name this after something to do with the shire and the hobbits. I know there are a lot of forests and stuff in LoTR, but for some reason I can just see a Hobbit wearing this at a party something like the one Bilbo threw (I might even disappear at the end, you never know! I don't really want to simply call it "The Shire Bracelet" though. So suggest some names for me! If I pick your name I'll give you a $5 gift certificate valid in either shop :) I'll announce the name of the bracelet (and list it) on Tuesday! Why Tuesday? Because tomorrow the next Giveaway goes up!

Edit: My elf-sister has informed me this may need to be something different because Hobbity is more earthy. I'm conceding your point so I will take any and all suggestions - not sure Shire related (and now I may have to make something earthy :P)

18 comments:

Meri Greenleaf said...

Sowwy. I can't help that I'm thinking more elf than hobbit. ;) I'll see if I can think of a good name, and asked over on my LotR board for ideas.

Unknown said...

The Gift of Dale--I see it having a story as belonging to the daughter of the Headman in the Dale, passed from mother to daughter for years. . . . . :D

Ani said...

First of all, it's GORGEOUS!!

I like Ruth's suggestion. I'm thinking elves, too, though...Elf's Envy?

PiPa said...

Something like "Old Forest bracelet", from the description seems green enough to be appropriate :)

Anonymous said...

Woodland Elves

Anonymous said...

It is stunning! I love the color and design. How about "Gollum"? :-)

Memories for Life said...

Now I'm going to have to go rent Lord of the Rings so I can help with a name! That's right...I've never seen it!
Gorgeous bracelet!

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

Dang Ruthie! Great bracelet!!! But sadly I have no idea about a name. I have not read the LOTR books, and while I have seen the movies (dragged by son and hubby) I just am not familiar enough with the story to be of use. SO, I cannot help you with a name, but I love the bracelet! Good luck with it!

Dawn said...

I'd go with "Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall." Or if that's too long, just "Leaves of Lorien." The colors remind me of the pin that Merry or Pippin (I always forget) drops and then Aragorn finds when they're tracking the uruk hai.

Veet Voojagig said...

I'm kind of thinking "Reed and Willow," though I'm not sure the leaves are the right type... That's a line from one of Tom Bombadil's songs.

Later Than We Think said...

I agree that is is more suited to the Elves, so I think that Leaves of Lorien is most appropriate

KilaRohner.com said...

Emerald City, Return to Oz, Emerald Forest...very lovely and looks like lots of work.

Unknown said...

Greenleaf? As in Legolas Greenleaf? Or, if you prefer, in Quenya: Laiqalassë - laica is green, and lassë is leaf.

Crimson Frog Designs by Kinga Nichols said...

This is easy.:)
This bracelet belongs to Goldberry, the river daughter who lives with Tom Bombadil in the Old Forest...
"Her long yellow hair rippled down her shoulders; her gown was green; green as young reed;shot with silver like beads of dew; and her belt was gold;shaped like a chain of flag-lilies set with the pale blue-blue eyes of forget-me-nots."
She is neither elf or daughter of man, but something quite different, more earthy yet ethereal.I would name it after her.

Fran said...

Names that comes to me:

Rustle of Leaves
or
Deep Heart of the Forest
or
Green Leaf Magic

:)

~Ann / Francesca's Fancy

* * *

MagdaleneJewels said...

I was think Arwen or Rivendell - yes, i am in the elf mode also!
Love the Bracelet whatever you name it!

Unknown said...

I LOVE WhiteRabbitJewelry's idea!

Bright Circle said...

The Leaves of Lorien instantly came to mind when I saw this.