Monday, February 2, 2009

Selling Venues - Winkelf

Well my first impression of WinkElf is that I love their logo! Of course I am partial to elves and fairies so that explains that :P I also love the bar of multiple colors they have running across, so perfect for craftiness!

The next thing that caught my eye is that they are currently doing a Presidents Day sale - how cool is that?

The fee system on Winkelf is a bit complicated. You can list the items for free (see the pic below for what's included), theirs a 2.5% selling fee (reasonable), and then there are a lot of upgrade options! What I liked best about this was you can go free until the sale if you want, upgrade a wee bit if you want, or if you want to go whole hog on it they have a $5 a month package that gives you all the upgrade options :) I like have options like that!

For the shoppers you'll be glad to hear that there are a wide variety of items offered on WinkElf. What I liked best about their shopping options is a little bar on the left hand side that shows trends! They have; Editor's Pick, Featured Items, What's Hot, International, New Arrivals, Ending Soon, Feature Stores, Other Stuff Too, and Sold Goodies. So if you like being trendy (or want to be a trend setter!) there's lots of fun to be had there!

One last thing that's important to note about Winkelf. It currently doesn't have that large of a following. Which has it's positves and negatives as I've mentioned before. Yes, your items won't be as likely to get buried as they are on sites like etsy, but you may not have as many viewers either. As always that's what you have to decide for yourself if it's something you want to try risk :)

If you want to check out some of the Ranking Data about Winkelf, check out this post by my partner in this series - TiLTCreations :)

6 comments:

storybeader said...

That surely is a dilemma!
I'm getting a little skeptical of selling (or trying to sell) online... Maybe it's just a funk!

DVArtist said...

I did sign up for winkelf. I found it so complicated that I actually gave it up. I need easy and went with Artfire. Excellent place to sell and buy.
Nicole/Beadwright
http://beadwright.blogspot.com

rkdsign88 said...

Thank you so much for all the updates about what's going on with the other websites, very appreciate it for sharing this with us.

TiLT said...

nice write up Ruthie.
I have a basic account there (because of this series) but have yet to list...but I know I would keep it basic for a while.

BeadedTail said...

Thanks for the info Ruthie!

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

I've been debating opening a shop on another venue but haven't decided which one...I'll have to check it out Thanks for the write up.