Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Wow! I've had a buuuusy day :) But it's been fun :) No, I didn't go out and do anything, my asthma has been so bad lately that planning anything was pretty much out. The good news is - I've been breathing clear all day! Which means I've gotten a lot done - and lots that I want to share!
First, I did a treasury blog in honor of our Troops, and I put a simple tribute on my Jedi blog.

I've also done a bunch of listing on Artfire - pieces that you've already seen on my etsy - but I'm excited about putting them on Artfire! Plus they put the studio fusions live to day on Artfire. Basically, we have a lot of customizability now! I really like it :) Go check out my shop to see how it looks and see the new listings! 

I made myself a new bracelet this weekend - and I promised some people I'd show it off - so here it is! And yes, I said, it's actually for ME :P I don't do that often enough >_>

I also started a new project this weekend that is a big stretch for me! Here's what I started with...
Don't you just love the snazzy super-girl pajama pants? My evil twin made them for me :)

Ok, so I'm making a free form peyote bracelet. I've seen a lot of these out there in various forms, and one of my Etsy Bead Weaver team mates encouraged me to try it. I've been wanting to try one but not sure where I wanted to start or what I wanted to do. Then over at Thursday Sweet Treats this week the challenge is for butterfly's. That's when I knew! The center does have a pattern, a butterfly, but the rest is just as the spirit hits me ;)


What you see here is 3 days of work so far. Which is...incredible for me these days. Usually three days and I'm done with a project. Unless I don't really work on it, but I have been working on this! It's not that I haven't been working on it, it's that I can't work on it for very long stretches at a time. My friend who encouraged me to try one said it could be very "zen-like," not for me! Not having a pattern is actually really challenging for me. I'm not sure why. 

I'm enjoying the challenge though. I don't think it'll be done in time to submit it to Thursday Sweet Treats, but the important part to me is the journey and the growth as an artisan :) I'm not sure if I'll do any more like this once this is done, but I do know it'll be awhile before I'm ready to try another one! 

Just a quick reminder - I'm having a sale in my Etsy shop for my Etsy-versary! 

Have a wonderful rest of your Memorial Day :)

11 comments:

BeadedTail said...

You certainly have been productive lately! I love the bracelet you made for yourself although I was surprised it wasn't purple!

Melody Marie Murray said...

I love the new bracelet, and I also love the pants. :-D

Jenn said...

I like what you're working on. Don't stop now! The green bracelet is beautiful too. And hey, I use the exact same kind of tray when I do bead work!

beadsandblooms said...

It's always good to challenge oneself. Looks like you're doing great. The green bracelet is very pretty too. (And I wish I was brave enough for Supergirl pants! LOL)

Meghann said...

Looks great so far! I am the same way - if I don't have a pattern, it takes me FOREVER to get anything done :)

Memories for Life said...

Good for you for beading for yourself!!! I love it when I finally get to make myself a layout...they are few and far between these days!

And good for you for trying a new technique. I love trying new things...they journey is the fun part :)

storybeader said...

nice job on the bracelet - so the white space needs beads? I haven't done that kind of weaving yet, so this is all new to me. Wow!

Like the jammies too!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

OMG, I would go crazy beading that bracelet. I am so impatient and if I was still working on it after three weeks...would put it away in a drawer. I'd have a hard time seeing the beads too. You, however, are doing a fabulous job!!

Anonymous said...

love the bracelet. :)

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh wow!
First, congrats on getting a lot of things done :D
Second, that bracelet you made yourself is beautiful!!
Third, Loooove the pants he he
Fourth, that bracelet your working on is so gorgeous it's not even funny!
I can't wait to see what it looks like done :D

Leather Made Nice said...

Love the jammies, Ruthie. I see me in you sitting there working on our projects. Very cool!!
Anne ^i^