Saturday, May 16, 2009

Update on Craftiness

Ok! I've started a blog post, I'm going to keep it in drafts, and update as the day goes along! 

Update #1 ~ Relisted two bracelets on etsy that were about to expire (Bracelet 1, Bracelet 2)
Update #2 ~ I got the next segment in my on-going story "Aria's Quest" written up! Ahead of time for once... 
Update #3 ~ I picked up some new agate/rock chip strands yesterday. I love working with these! I usually make extremely simple bracelets out of them, but they've sold extremely well. So I just whipped together 2 bracelets to take with me when I restock my consignment shop on Monday.
Update #4 ~ So I've decided my "hour on one thing, hour on the next" isn't quite practical because some projects take less than that...but I am alternating between one thing and the next!
Update #5 ~ Listed a pair of fun earrings on Artfire! 
Update #6 ~ Took a break from craftiness to go to the store with the hubby :)
Update #7 ~ Came home to find the earrings had sold! It's my first Artfire Sale baby! Thanks Dede!
Update #8 ~ Bloggy time! Star Wars Geeking and a Book Review :) 
Update #9 ~ WOW I've gotten a lot done...lunch time!


Update#10 Lunch was good - and I did some beading while I ate! I picked up the beads I need yesterday so I can work on the next Necklace in my Elements series. The picture above is the only one currently unsold - Wind Dancer. The one I'm working on now is going to be called Earth Walker. I started it last night and I finished up the foundation a little bit after lunch. I'm really excited! I've had a ton of fun with this series :)

Update#11 ~ DeDe's earrings are in the mail!
Update#12 ~ Blue Loving Necklace listed on Artfire.
Update#13 ~ Did some "work" writing. Write up two book reviews! More fun writing later probably :)
Update#14 ~ Picked up my knitting for the first time in weeks! Feels good :)
Update#15 ~ Decided I'm officially NOT going to be taking any photos today - back is waaaay to sore! *sigh*

*Sunday Morning*

I ended up crashing not long after the last update I wrote. My back decided it wanted to spasm, spasm, and spasm some more! So I used a heating pad and took a nap to try and let my back relax. It never really worked. We went over to my in-laws around 5 for a graduation dinner for my brother-in-law. Food was great! I love my hubby's family :) 

After we got back I couldn't keep my eyes open (might have been from the muscle relaxant) so I went to bed...and never got back up! I think I slept for around 12 hours last night >_> My back is still sore today, but much better. I'm not breathing too well though so we're home for the day instead of heading to church.

I still have a million things I want to work on but I'm pretty out of it so some of them are out of the question. I probably won't get any writing done today unless I perk up, but I spent about an hour knitting this morning and I'm going to start working on my Elements necklace again as soon as I post this :) 

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! I'll talk to you soon :)


10 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Holy Cow! You were one productive woman yesterday! Hope you get to feeling better today so you can keep up the great work!
And congrats on the ArtFire sale!!! Woot Woot!

Patti said...

You are so disciplined and really are to be commended for that! I start one project and become distracted and never know where the time goes. Thanks for setting an example!

BeadedTail said...

Phew! You were busy but productive yesterday! I admire your motivation and wish I had an ounce of that!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Alas, I can't say that I was anywhere near that productive but is nice to know that someone out there was! Sorry about the back & hope it gets better soon.

TiLT said...

Holy Shmoley!!! I'm tired just reading that!

storybeader said...

busy busy Ruthie! You actually did all that!?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what ^^^^ they all said...

Splendid Little Stars said...

I agree with Edi's Holy Cow! comment! And I totally agree with TiLT!
Here's to recovery!
Can you imagine a beaded village?!

Emerson Bindery said...

Wow, you've been busy!! You go!!

Erika said...

This is PERFECT for the upcoming holiday and looks great!

I also like the idea of a sale item for the week. I first saw it with beadweavers like Triz--I hope to start doing the same thing soon.

erika