Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting stronger means...

I've been getting stronger! I haven't had an asthma attack in 3 days. Now that might not seem long to you, but the fact of the matter is that for most of the last year and a half I've had at least a minor asthma attack every single day. Which, as you can imagine, has been massively frustrating! I've had a few good periods where I temporarily got stronger, but I've always crashed again. Right now I'm trying to be hopefully that this good period is going to last! I've been gradually getting stronger over the last few weeks and I'm trying act as if its going to last. I still have bad days, but that's to be expected.

So what am I doing? Good question.

Well, don't worry, I AM trying to pace myself. I'll work for awhile and then stop and read a chapter or two in whatever book I'm on because it's just about the most relaxed I can possibly get :P

Other than that...

There are a lot of business things that kept getting put off because I just didn't have the energy. I need to catch up on entering receipts and invoices for one thing. I'm also working on doing an overhaul on my inventory. I'm going through piece by piece, checking the listings for typos, and marking which pieces I need to take more photos of. I'm also going to be re-evaluating prices on a few pieces.

Monday I got through one bag of earrings. I'm not sure how many that is (I didn't count) but I have four bags of earrings to go through! I'm glad I started this project because I found quite a few minor typos to fix!

As for crafting, I'm focusing on the baby blanket for my cousin, but I'm also working on other things from time to time. I have two custom orders to work on in the next two days, but neither of them should take me very long. I'm mostly doing the crafty stuff at night right now because I'm being all "business like" during the day :P

Oh, I'm also looking into doing more bazaars! My last one was a flop, but I have a different one (maybe two) that I'm going to try next month. At this point I'm going to try to do one or two a month and keep building up my strength and stamina.

And of course I'm still listing and promoting items on-line! In fact I have a whole bunch to show off. Tell me what your favorite pieces are (and why) to get an extra entry into my top commentators contest!


7 comments:

Meghann said...

I love that color explodes bracelet - the dichroic bead is beautiful!
I am SO happy you are feeling better, I pray it stays for ever and ever and you keep getting stronger and stronger and eventually take over the world...wait..did I say that out loud??
Anyway, I hope you keep feeling well.
Hugs!
Meg and Arwen

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

Wow Ruthie! I was able to get your blog to open for me today and I think it will even let me leave this comment. I'm so glad you are breathing easily, and thrilled for your feature in the blog. Congratulations!

BeadedTail said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well! Your new listings are lovely. I really like your new beadwoven bracelet and also like the crocheted ornament right next to it!

Silver Parrot said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and fingers crossed that it continues. My mom has always struggled with asthma so I know how much it can impact your life. Hang in there!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Ruthie~ glad you are feeling better. Pacing yurself is very smart. It seems you have a lot on your plate anyway. I hope things are going well with the new apartment.
You must have much fun making us choose a favorite. But with a piece as gorgeous as your woven bracelet, how could it not be chosen?!

Anonymous said...

I too am happy to hear that you've been feeling so good. You positive attitude is awesome.

My fav's are the three across the top section...

Memories for Life said...

So glad to hear you are getting stronger every day! You're one day closer to taking over the world...LOL :)
Love your Crazy Purple Memory Wire Bracelet!