Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Panic Averted

Right now I have a delicate balance I'm trying to maintain. I've actually been feeling pretty good, and so I've been trying to exercise whenever I can. Why? Well I'm over weight because of the medications and my health problems, and with all of my health problems the doctors say that exercise will help. Which is ironic because, while exercise may help my health problems, my health problems also tend to prevent me from exercising! It' a vicious cycle. So when I'm strong enough, I try to exercise. I have some stretches the doctor told me I needed to do for my back, and then I also try to go for short walks.

Exercising is great, but it takes a lot of energy ya know? I've been pushing and doing it anyway though! The only problem is that my energy is at a premium right now. I have a bazaar on Saturday that I'm trying to get ready for after all!

I haven't done a bazaar since the beginning of summer, and I've moved since then, so there's a lot of prep work that needs to be done! My stuff for the set up is no longer all in one place, I need to make sure every thing's marked right, and all that other fun stuff. There's a fine balance here too. I have x amount of things that need to get done by Saturday, but if I push myself too hard then I'll make myself too sick to do the bazaar!

So, trying to balance all of this (and other normal life stuff), left me ready to panic last night! Especially because I worked all day yesterday on various business things, and I was exhausted last night! Lying in bed my mind was racing with all the things I still had left to do. Then I realized a couple of important things.

1. It's ok if I don't get all my products photographed before the bazaar. All I have left unphotographed are earrings, and I KNOW I have more earrings than will fill my display, so I don't need to have those earrings for the show on Saturday.

2. I plain old have more stuff than I need for the show. I have at least 150 items (I don't have an exact count) and when I did my bazaar at the beginning of summer my displays were full. I've made quite a few things since then! So, I don't have to worry about getting all my untagged items tagged and ready. If I do, great, but if not? It's not like I don't have enough to sell! I do have a few untagged items that I would like to have out, but it's not a huge deal.

3. Yah, I'd like to do some work to get my displays a little nicer and all that, but until I know that I'm going to be doing more bazaars I really shouldn't spend the money anyway. I am going to go buy a few more velvet necklace displays for my high end items, but I'm going to get that done today, so nothing to stress about there! Those are cheap too :)

Figuring out all that means I'm no longer panicking! Yes, I still have stuff that needs to get done (making some signs, getting all my supplies in one place) but I have the next three days to do it :D And if any of that other stuff (photographs, labeling) gets done, fantastic, if not, no sweat.

My mantra for the week? *Breathe, don't panic, it's all going to work out!*

6 comments:

Peggy Whitworth said...

You just said the magic words...just breathe! Because....what will.....will.

BeadedTail said...

Everything's going to go great and you can only do what you can do beforehand. I started to panic already about the show I'll be doing next month but it'll all work out. Best of luck to you!

agoodwitchtoo said...

Take a deep breath. Remember to have fun.

Remember that those people at the bazaar have NO clue what you didn't get done on that to do list. They'll think you're fabulous anyway ;)

Anitra Cameron said...

You know, sometimes we all need a reverse pep talk. I'm really glad you gave yourself one, 'cuz we all want you well, and well-rested!

(Reverse pep talk is my brand-new name for a list of things we Don't have to do, something I'm always going on about to my Mama, who Will work, even when she has pneumonia.)

uniquecommodities said...

indeed it will all work out! One moment at a time :)!

Judy Nolan said...

So true that we just need to accept the things over which we have no control. Otherwise we really frustrate ourselves! Hope your show went well.