Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Crafty ADD Update #19

It's been a long week - lots of ups and downs emotionally and physically - but I still got some done! Despite the fact that my hubby got me addicted to a video game and I fell HARD for my new addiction because it was a good escape from all the emotional drama :P

Knitting


I only added a couple of inches to the scarf this week. I spent most of my yarn crafty time working on crocheting this week. But knitting a scarf doesn't take me very long any more so I'm still pretty confident this will be done on time :)

Crochet


While technically this part of the pattern is really easy - I'm having a hard time with the stitch. Not that I'm messing it up really or anything (although I have had to pull out a few rows a few times when I missed a stitch), it's just that I'm VERY slow at it! Will this be done by Christmas? I don't know. At least I know the recipient is a 2 year old girl - and she'll be excited whenever she gets to unwrap it - late or not!

Jewelry

I've been at a quandary on how I present my jewelry on the crafty ADD posts. Because some days I work on bead woven pieces and have no finished product, some days I don't do anything, and other days I do a whole TON of small things. So I decided that every day I do jewelry work that's completed - I'll take a picture - and if I have a partially finished beadweaving piece I'll take a picture of it on Monday when I take my crocheting and knitting pictures :)


Wednesday night I made these up. The bracelet is a Christmas present - and I made the other two as I put away a whole bunch of supplies I'd bought and found myself inspired! I had picked up a baby food jar full of randomly strung beads, and Wednesday night I finally sorted them!

Friday night I finally put away a tube of large seed beads I had bought a couple weeks ago - well - put it away after making a memory wire bracelet! Which was my plans for the beads, so that's perfect. The earrings were a custom order for my mother-in-law that she's going to send to a friend for Christmas.


I just couldn't get in the bead weaving groove last week - but I finally pulled out my beads and started this bracelet! It's for my consignment store :)

I don't know when I'll be able to get new things on-line - I have a TON of stuff to put on-line but taking pictures is going to be hard because I have a sprained rib. Fun stuff yo!

5 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I stay out of the Mancave to avoid getting addiction to the various video games that go on down there! I love those earrings for your MIL's friend! That bracelet is going to be so pretty too!

tamdoll said...

If this is you creating while addicted to a video game - I'm impressed!

Memories for Life said...

A sprained rib...only you Ruthie...LOL! Hope it heals quickly!

Love the new memory wire bracelet and those earrings with it!!! And that bead weaving project is looking great!

Unknown said...

I too find that taking pictures is the hardest part (even without an injury). I had fun revisiting your blog today. I love seeing your work in progress. I find beading so therapeutic that I don't make time for other things. I'm amazed at how many different things you're doing with an injury!

Marlaine said...

Awesome that you are getting so much done!