Friday, December 25, 2009

A Hand Made Christmas

Before I say anything else - I want to say Merry Christmas to you and yours!

This year at least half (maybe more) of the presents I gave were hand made, and it was so much fun! I still have a few more to give (and finish making lol), but the one's I've given at a party earlier this week, and at my in laws today, made people's faces light up! Its fun when you can see that when you buy them the right present, it's even better when it's something that you've invested your time and energy into!

I don't think I'll ever go totally handmade, some times making people's faces light up requires a visit to the store, but I'm definitely encouraged and excited to do the same thing next year! Ok...with different presents though :P

Did you give any hand made gifts this year? Was it a lot of fun?

3 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Ruthie! I made handmade presents for my mom and stepmom but that's all. I am making a special necklace for myself too.

Memories for Life said...

Handmade gifts are always the best :)
I ordered a handmade gift off Etsy, but didn't make any myself this year. I already have ideas for next year though :)

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

I made ruffle scarves for a group of 5 girlfriends, but that was all I managed. Good for you!