Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Crafty ADD Update #21

Lots of pictures this week! I would have put this up yesterday - but I had a really bad migraine - so no computer time and no pictures!

Paper Craft

I took these plain brown paper bags from the craft store - and added snow flakes to them! We were having a game night and it was the perfect time to hand out some of the Christmas presents I've made over the last few months. My dear hubby thought I was CRAZY for making the snowflakes to put on bags that they will probably throw away, but I don't care. Paper is cheap and I love snowflakes!

Knitting

I finished the green scarf in time! I know it's longer than what I had last shown on here - but I have no idea how much longer. I think I added about 8 more inches? I should have written myself a note when I measured it huh?

I started this scarf on Christmas day - and then did a lot of work on it during my road trip to visit Granny! It's been interesting, a very different experience than any I've had before. I've never used eyelash yarn before and I've never used the circular knitting needles before. I was a little nervous about trying the eyelash yarn, and while I would never want to crochet with it, it actually works up really easily once you get it started! It also is going much faster than anything I've done before because it's much narrower and on larger needles.

Crochet

Mom showed me how to do the next steps in my project! And I got 5 rows added along the top. Hard to see how that's going to be a hat when I'm done isn't it? I guess I just have to have faith in the pattern. And I know I'll stitch it up the back when I'm done :P

Jewelry


I made this charm/shawl pin for the green scarf - and Bu liked it!


I actually made this pin awhile ago -
but I finally put a back on it and gave it to its intended recipient :P

This is the last of the presents I made for my friends at the Game Night - and I made it in the last hour before we left! Talk about overbooking myself with projects... She loved it though!

Now your probably thinking, "What on earth does this have to do with jewelry?" Well...the answer is that's my new project pan! I took a cheap tinfoil pie dish, spread tacky glue around it, and glued down some beading fabric. This gives me something I can put in my lap when I'm doing bead work away from my house. I tried it out on the trip - and it worked really well until my back started hurting and I had to sit in a different position in the car.


Christmas isn't over with! This one is going to be late - but that's ok - I know the girl I'm making it for loves me to death :)

I had a lot of fun doing a largely handmade Christmas this year...and I'm already starting to think ahead towards the next year of birthdays, weddings, and Christmas! Am I crazy? Naw...just crafty :P

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Everything is really pretty but you know I love those pawprints! I can't wait to see how that turns out!

mermaiden said...

you made so many people happy! a little overworked, but the good kind :D

Memories for Life said...

Love all the handmade gifts!
Can't wait to see the eyelash scarf when done :)

Meghann said...

Wow! everything looks really good...and I love the pawprints in the last project...I'll have to try something like that :)
Happy New Year!
Meg and Arwen