Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And the First Market Was....

As many of you have already heard from me chit-chatting in the forums, or responding to your comments, the market was a bust. Financially at least. I sold one charm! To a sweet little girl :) We think that the reason it was such a bust is related to a number of factors. One, it the first realy nice weekend around here and we think that most people wanted to work in their yards. Two, we think that this might not be the best market for my stuff. Oh well. I am going back on Saturday because they already have my booth fee, and my current sales goal is to make back my two weeks of booth fees! I'd love to make more than that, but breaking even is goal #1.

Using my time to weave...
Mom used her time to crochet...
As you can see, we didn't totally lose the time, we got things done! Mom crocheted most of a dioly, I finished a bracelet I was weaving, and I wove two pairs of earrings! I always bring a project along. On the slow shows I get lots done. On the busy shows I don't! But I always plan for it to be slow as far as the projects I bring because I'd go CRAZY with out something to do with my hands if we have a slow day and I wasn't expecting it!

Earrings and all non-woven bracelets...

My main table...


Cl0se up of table w/ sign (made by my friend Kat)

The other good thing about this weekend was that it gave us a practice run at setting up our tables. This was my Mom's first show, and I've done some different things with my displays since last Christmas. I still have some work to do on them, but my displays will have to evolve slowly over the summer as I have the money to work on them!

12 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

wishing you much luck on your future endeavors!

Gypsygoods said...

Your table and displays are beautiful!

BeadedTail said...

Here's hoping to a more successful show this weekend! Your displays are wonderful!

Memories for Life said...

The displays look great! Glad you and your mom are able to go together :)
Good luck at the next show!

TiLT said...

awesome signage!

I love to get stuff done during slow shows too...makes it feel like less of a bust :)
so - is the stuf you worked on listed yet for us to see?

uniquecommodities said...

WOW! Everything looked great! I hope next week is better for sales

Paisley The Jackabee said...

Your displays are gorgeous. Don't get discouraged, next week should be better. Remind them of Mother's Day. Make a sign, "Remember Mother's Day is May 10" Then maybe a little card in front of some $5 or $10 items "Great Mother's Day gifts " and put prices on card too.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, I didn't sell anything at my first show! It will help if you have table risers (also known as bed risers from Bed Bath and Beyond) and lighting for your work. Anything to make your display pop!

Unknown said...

Your displays are wonderful. I hope you find more success this weekend!

Deborah Lambson said...

You have a great attitude Rose..I'm thinking Saturday will bring you better luck..all the Best!!

Kristin said...

You have a beautiful set up!!! It looks really great!! I hope you have greater success at the next show!! :)

Glynis Peters said...

From little acorns...that little girl will show off her charm and her friends will all want one!! :)