Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Byhand.me

I promised in a previous post to tell you more about the site byhand.me - and that's what I'm going to do today!

Many of us have multiple web-sites, and it can be a lot of work to advertise all of them right? I know personally I have three shops in two on-line venues, two blogs, and I'm a radio host BHR. Oh yes, and I'm currently part of 3 teams on etsy. Think that's a lot? Hah! I mean, I feel like that's a lot, but some of my friends have a LOT more sites that they keep up with! Take my friend Amy of Mama's Little Monkeys. She does WAY more than I do!

So how do you manage all of that with out going crazy? Well time managment is obviously key, but an important part of that is managing your advertising time effectively. That's exactly what byhand.me was created to do!

I'm still exploring all the incredible features at byhand.me, but I love what I have learned to do so far! You can link ALL of your web-sites onto your profile page at byhand, then when you go to print business cards or otherwise advertise yourself, all you have to do is give them your byhand address! I'm getting ready to design new business cards and I'm really excited about being able to just put the ONE address on my card! http://roseworksjewelry.byhand.me/

The people over at byhand.me are really awesome too! Adam of Infinivision and Rebecca of SoapDeli have poured their heart and souls into the creation of this site. They don't do it for the money, they don't accept any money for this and have day jobs, nope, they do this just to help out their fellow artisans! The web-sites still pretty new, but it's exploding like crazy! Their putting up new features as fast as they can and, most importantly, LISTENING to the needs of their users! What more could you ask for?

One of my favorite features to play with so far is the Spotlight feature. Do you like the etsy treasuries? This is way better! You can take your favorite items off of number of different sites and display them all together. No waiting for an opening, and it doesn't get deleated unless YOU decide to deleate it! I also love that you can easily post it to your blog, like I did with this spotlight on some of my new teammates over at the Etsy Bead Weavers (Search EBW).



There are lots of other fantastic features over on byhand.me, but like I said, I'm still exploring! So why don't you head over and explore some for yourself?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You talked me into it.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I have to check this out! This reminds me of your other post about prioritizing ones time. Sounds like it would certainly help do this for sure!

Memories for Life said...

Thanks for the update :)
That's cool that you can just put one web addy on your biz cards now...I never thought about that!