Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thinking and Planning, and a Question

My original plan for this blog post was to continue writing about my crafty goals. Three posts ago I finished up telling you about my list of goals for last quarter - and what had been accomplished. So the plan was to go on today by talking about my new set of crafty goals. 
Then I realized theirs a degree of futility to sharing with you guys what my goals are. Why? Well, between planning to write this post, and actually writing it, a lot has happened! The list has grown longer. Two projects have been completed. Two more projects have been worked on. Not to mention there's the complication of realizing that I have crafty projects all over the place! I have crafts in different crafty genre's, projects not started that are on my list, and even a box full of unfinished objects (or UFO's), that I really should get to at some point. 

So here's the short overview :)  My crafty projects list is always growing and morphing, so this is very incomplete!

1. I'm working on knitting a scarf. It's going slooow...but I do want to finish it.
2. Whenever I finish the scarf Mom and I are going to pick out an easy first crochet project for me to tackle.
3. I have a few ideas floating around for cross-stitch projects.
4. BEAD-WEAVING - I have a LOT lined up here! Totally new pieces no one's ever seen, new takes on old favorites, and just plain lots and lots of fun :) 

I will tell you that one of my plans includes wrapping up my popular Elements series. So far Firebird, Swiftly Changing Waters, and my spin-off from the series - Woodland Fairy, have all gone to good homes! The only one currently in my shop is Wind Dancer, and this is the most unique of the whole series because I wove 50 crystals into this necklace! 

I'm still looking for the right beads to complete the 4th in the series, "Earth Walker." I had some that were perfect and the bead store hasn't restocked them yet. *sigh* After the 4th is done the Elements series will be complete, but I love this style so much that I know I won't stop there! I'll do many, many more spin-offs :) I have a few ideas of color schemes I'd like to do, but I'd love to know what your guy's ideas are! 

If your not familiar with this series I've been doing just click on any of the names to go see more pictures :)

8 comments:

uniquecommodities said...

You go girl! When i think of Earth walker I think of browns, deep greens - nature, rust color. Earthtone colors to be exact.

BeadedTail said...

You have a lot of ideas floating around don't you? I can't wait to see the new bead weaving ideas you have! That necklace is beautiful but the link to it doesn't seem to work.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Thanks for the heads up Sharla! I fixed the link :)

Becky said...

The elements series are just beautiful, can't wait to see what colors you use for the Earth necklace! Just lovely! :D
I really want to learn how to crochet too, if your first project goes well let me know, maybe I'll try it too!

Memories for Life said...

Great for you for having so many goals...and branching out into other genres of crafting!

storybeader said...

this is so pretty! Didn't you say on the Etsy thread that you sold another one like this - that was all colorful? I think I remember seeing a sold page. If so, hurray! If not, it's beautiful, and will be sold!

Hayley/Shu Fen said...

omg! this looks really nice XD

so dolly! :D

Phoenyx Ravenswing said...

Greetings!

Deepest respect - remember the most important Element - Spirit. :-)

Bright Blessings & Good Fortune! :-)
-Bird