Friday, April 3, 2009

Beautiful Jewelry by Lily Wrey

When I first joined the on-line community, selling my jewelry, I felt a little overwhelmed by all of the different things to learn and to do! One thing that quickly helped me to feel more grounded was making relationships with other on-line sellers. Lily Wrey of Tulips Treasure Box was one person who took me under her wing. In fact, we eventually adopted me! I call here my cyber-aunt, and one day we hope to meet in person.

I love Lily's jewelry design, and I'm not just saying that because we are close friends! I'm saying that as a jewelry designer myself. I've also watched her jewelry design grow quite a bit in the time I've known her. She has a great imagination, and she loves to learn. Recently she's been taking classes on jewelry design, and while I've always enjoyed her work, her new pieces are even more incredible!

Lily got her start by selling on ebay, but quickly grew dissatisfied with that venue for her jewelry. She joined Etsy as Tulips Treasure Box in December of 2007, and that's where I originally met her! Lily hasn't confined herself to that site alone though. She's stressed her wings and tried out many different selling venues, more recently, Artfire, also as Tulips Treasure Box.

We spent quite a bit of time talking last night about both Lily's shop on Artfire and Artfire in general. She's very excited about what she sees developing over there, and plans on becoming even more involved than she already is!

One of the best things about Lily is that she loves others. Remember how I said she took me under her wing? I'm watched hertime and time and again reach out to others around her, offering her support and knowledge. Be sure to check out her shop!

6 comments:

Pamela Baker said...

Wonderful blog for a wonderful Artisan. Lily's (Tulip) work is than a piece of jewelry, it is a work of art. Loved listening to her interview last night! Guess I will have to check out artfire.
Funny, both you and Lily were the first persons I actually connected with as a blogger!

BeadedTail said...

Wonderful post! Lily has beautiful jewelry but her heart is even more beautiful! She has been so kind and helpful to me and I hope to meet her in person one day too! Hey, maybe we can get her to come to our neck of the woods!

storybeader said...

nice little post! It was really fun to hear you two talking last night. I was basically beadweaving, but did get a chance to type a bit, when I thought of something to say!

Lily, if you're not TOO busy, you should check out 1000 markets. It's a juried marketplace, and I think your jewelry would sell well there.

Just my 2¢ {:-D

Linda B said...

Her items are beautiful.

Natasha said...

What a great piece about Lily's jewelry. I have to say that since I became a part of the Pligger's and Blockhead Radio, Lily has reached out and made me feel so welcome. Her warmth is communicated not only through her words and actions but through her gorgeous works of art, her jewelry as well. Thanks for sharing Ruthie. You are both an inspiration!

uniquecommodities said...

Great feature!