Friday, October 3, 2008

Reporting in...

At last nights meeting Mom only got a chance to talk to one lady - BUT - that one lady ordered three bracelets for herself! I just need to shorten them because she has tiny wrists :) Not a big deal.  Except for one tiny little fact.  I committed the beader's cardinal sin - I ran out of wire! Oh noes! Actually, it's not that big of a deal.  I wouldn't be able to connect with her until the middle of next week anyway and I should have a chance to get to the store long before then to pick up what I need.  The other good news is that my Mom is at a Women's Retreat this weekend and she took the rest of that batch of bracelets I had made with her! So who knows what might come of that?

So what happens when I run out of stringing wire? I start thinking of projects that require it of course!  Actually I have several other projects to work on as well - so I really should be content - but of course I want what I can't have.  My husband calls me impatient - I don't know why that would be!





Today's Product Highlight:


One of the things I want to work on with this blog is talking more about the pieces that I produce themselves.  I see this blog, indeed this business, as a work in progress and I think this is one area I could do a lot better at!  So I'm going to try and highlight different pieces, maybe not daily, but at least much more frequently :)

I started working with Memory Wire earlier this summer.  I was instantly thrilled!  It's been a great seller so far in the markets - but it hasn't seemed to have the same appeal on etsy yet.  I don't know if that's just because Etsy is slow right now, or if these are simply great impulse buys.  Either way, I enjoy making them,  so I keep working with them!

As I explain in my Memory Wire listings: "Memory wire has the fun property of being super-strong, and springing right back into shape! As a result, this bracelet will fit most wrists comfortably. It also creates the fun "multi-strand look" that is so popular these days!"



I posted up three more of these fun bracelets today.  They are all very
simple - but I'll probably doing some fancier (and more expensive)
one's in time for Christmas!  Here's just one of the one's I posted
tonight, to see the rest check out this section of my shop :)



 



7 comments:

storybeader said...

ruthie - I happened (!) to go by Hobby Lobby today, and found the right size memory wire this time. Thanks for the heads up - duh!

Showing your own work isn't a bad thing - that's what your blog is for! I have the same problem about marketing my things - it's great your mom is out and about. I should give my mom some things too. She's involved with her embroidery guild, and they are the perfect clientele! Oh, I was going to say, way back at the beginning, that stormy told me to put more of my own jewelry on my blog!

Carapace said...

I love memory wire pieces! They're so easy to wear...but less easy to store, for someone as necklace-happy as me. What to do, what to do...(looks out window at yard full of snaky tree branches)whaaaat to do....

agoodwitchtoo said...

That blue is electrifying! You should showcase more of your beautiful work :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Lost Mitten said...

Your memory wire bracelet is awesome - I just love the color! Keep up the amazing work! :)

IAHIA said...

irriducibili-inter.com
france-disco.com

หวยเด็ดหวยดัง said...


I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
betwayonline.net