Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness and Rose Works Jewelry



October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and all over the country, people are doing their part to support this cause.  While I've never personally been affected by breast cancer in my family or closest friends, I have met people over the years who have been, and I know as a woman I too am always at risk. 

So what does that mean for my business and what does it mean for my customers?

During the month of October all sales in my shop will result in an automatic 10% (before shipping and handling) donation to the Susan G. Komen Fund.  Also, check out my Breast Cancer Awareness section, any items purchased from this section (before s&h) will result in a 25% donation!  I have a lot more to put up in the shop - so check back frequently as the month goes on!

Want to know how the donations are going? Check my shop announcement! I'll keep a running total of all monies being donated - and that includes from any sales I make outside of the shop.  Current total - $0.50 - which I know isn't a lot, but it's a START! It's only day one after all :)

Just in case your interested - here's a graph I got off of the Susan G. Komen Fund web-site on how the money is used :)




6 comments:

maryeb said...

Nicely done. I need to update my blog with what I'm doing.

BeadedTail said...

I wish you many sales to help such a great cause!

agoodwitchtoo said...

Awesome! Such a great cause!

Erika said...

Great post! I like the addition of the Susan G. Komen graph. I think people get worried about how their money is being used. I like to think that not only are helping other people who are inflicted with these disease, you get a nice handcrafted product!

Please see http://ToteNTots.etsy.com for another shop that is donating proceeds!

Anonymous said...

A good cause - I wish you many sales.

IAHIA said...

kentrylee.com
drpepperstarcenter.com