Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rosita's Coffee House



"I can see this necklace around the neck of a gorgeous Colombian girl
named Rosita. She works long hours in a coffee house, but she still
loves coffee so much that she even wears jewelry pieces that reflect
that love!"

The process of creation is something that varies from piece to piece.  Some come together in seconds, others take days and days of thought and playing. This was one of those pieces that took a looooong time to create.

It all started when I saw the pendant for sale at the First Ellensburg Craft Fair.  I had a booth next to GoGoKioko and I was dying to buy the pendant!  I couldn't really afford to at the time, but Jenny and I talked a lot that day, and when I contacted her to see if she wanted to trade for it, she agreed! She got a lovely pair of earrings and I got this to die for pendant!  But what was I going to do with it?  That was last August.

In wandering around etsy I had seen some beads that looked like coffee beans, and I decided I wanted to get some!  That took time, money, and a few conversations with the great artist behind crazyladybeads and I had them! 

Great, I had a wonderful pendant, some awesome beads, now what?

The necklace sat in the back of my mind for a long time.  A few weeks ago I decided that it would be perfect to use wood beads with the whole coffee theme, but at the time I had a bunch of projects going so I filed the idea away for when I had the time. 

Two nights ago I was trying to go to sleep, and again the coffee necklace came to mind.  The final pieces fell into place in my mind and I knew that this piece was finally ready to be born.  Last night I laid it all out and looked as good laid out in the real beads as it had in my head!

I think the wood beads are perfect for this piece because it highlights a South American feel to it.  That's why I've named the piece Rosita's Coffee House.  So sip your coffee, and enjoy :)

5 comments:

agoodwitchtoo said...

That is truly one cool piece!

Anonymous said...

Way cool. I bet it sells quickly.

I just love when a creative thought rolls around in your life until it tells you what to do.

storybeader said...

great looking necklace!
anyone who's a coffee drinker will appreciate it - and that's a lot of people!

Lenox Knits said...

I love it! It so fun to hear how the creative process works for other artists!

moxylyn said...

I don't drink coffee but I love the smell of it. Awesome necklace!