Monday, August 3, 2009

Crafty ADD Update #2

I know, I was PLANNING on posting this last night, but I was just to lethargic and blah to do it. So I'm doing it this morning instead :)

KNITTING

Ok, so I didn't actually do any knitting this week, but I made a purchase! I'm getting close to the point where I'm going to need Mom's help on my crochet project, and I wanted to make sure I have something to work on if it takes us awhile to get together. So I went out and bought the yarn for my next scarf! I know, black can be boring, but it's a guy's Christmas present, and he looks good in black :) I also bought my very own knitting needles so I can give Mom her's back - and they are purple!

CROCHET


Like I said - I'm getting pretty far on my baby blanket! I'm now onto the third color in the blanket, and when this one is done, I'll be laying it all out and learning how to put the pieces together! I'm excited! If I keep up the pace I've been going I'll have the third color finished this week. Not sure that will happen at the moment though (explain later).

CROSS-STITCH


I'm so close! You can't really tell from this picture, but the tummies on the penguins are filled in with white thread...and I need to finish the tummy on the third penguin still. I also need to add a border... not sure I'll be working on this project much this week though.

JEWELRY


I'm doing something new! It's called bead embroidery - and I'm having fun! This is the main reason I'm not sure how far I'll get on my other projects this week. I'm making this for something in particular and so I'm on a dead-line. So everything else comes second! I'll be blogging more about this piece when it's done. I also have a custom order to do and I need to make some more bracelets to go into my consignment shop...

And I need to finish unpacking :P


2 comments:

Meri Greenleaf said...

lol, of course your needles are purple. ;)

Wow, your baby blanket really is coming along! I like those colors. :)

Penguins! I've said it before, but I love those penguins!

And I can't wait to see that bead embroidery finished- I don't think I've ever seen anything embroidered with beads before!

BeadedTail said...

How fun to see your progress! The penguins are cute and that blanket is going to be wonderful! That bead embroidery looks really good too! Purple needles? You? :D