Saturday, August 8, 2009

Feeling Lucky This Week :)

I definitely needed a "pick me up" after moving last week. I was extra tired and sore, and of course we're still in the process of unpacking, so that doesn't help any! It means I always have this feeling that there is something I "should" be doing instead of relaxing and crafting :P Not to mention there's always the "so where DID that end up?" Fortunately we have the majority of it done by now and there are only a few boxes and the pictures left! Woohoo!

Anyway, I received lots of goodies this week! So that definitely helped balance out the exhaustion and stress from the move :) First thing I received was some really cute charms from Athena Workman. I won these in a blog contest and my picture here does NOT do them justice. I was just snapping quick shots last night so I could blog...and apparently these ended up really washed out :( And yes, I'm too lazy this morning to go take new one's :P It's only 7am here after all folks! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to using these in my jewelry design. They will sit on my table in full view until I come up with the perfect design to use them in :D


I also won a blog contest from my friend Meri - my featured artist from yesterday! Isn't this earring cute??? I love it! Can't wait to wear it :) I told her my fav colors and told her to play...and play she did...and I love it! Good thing I own a lot of purple clothes huh?

Last, but certainly not least, I woke up yesterday morning to find this chain mail ball sitting on top of my closed lap top! My hubby had seen a book on chain mail while we were at the craft store, asked me if I had an links, and then asked if he could play with them! I didn't really expect much to come out of it, but he's a night owl so how was I to know? Apparently he found this design on-line and he spent a good long time making it! I was so thrilled! I attached it to the little lanyard and it's not going everywhere with me on my purse. And the fun part? He wants me to order more rings for him to play with! Who knows what he'll come up with next?

And time for a little shameless self-promotion *wink* Here's some of the items I've been promoting this last week - tell me your favorite for an extra entry in my Top Commentators Contest!


Oh yes, and for those who've been following my "bead embroidery adventure," the piece is finished, I just need to get proper photos. I'll blog about it before the day is over. Have no fear! Besides...this post is long enough :P

9 comments:

BeadedTail said...

What a week! And now you've got a crafty husband too! He did a great job! As for your new listings, the purple hemp bracelet is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Like your hubby's chain mail.. I think he's talent as you.. :D

Meri Greenleaf said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like the earring! :D I really liked it, too, so I may have to make one for myself. ;)

Even washed out, those charms you won look cute! That maille charm your husband made is cute- that's so cool that he wants to make maille! I approve. ;)

And now to pick my favorite from your new things... okay, it's gotta be that purple hemp bracelet. It's so pretty! What are Raku beads, just out of curiosity?

Patti said...

Bet you will be lucky this week! Such lovely new items you have...some of those will be sold, I'm sure!

Memories for Life said...

Great new prizes! And I can't believe your hubby made that...how cool! And it's even purple :) So sweet!

Lovin' all the new listings too :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

Congratulations on you wins!
How surprisingly wonderful that your husband made the chain mail ball for you!

Splendid Little Stars said...

purple hemp bracelet!darbi

Lanyardlady said...

Some neat things from you and your spouse! Good luck with your sales.

Erika said...

Congrats on the winning! And give a bit whoot to your DH for tackling that new project!!