Monday, August 17, 2009

Crafty ADD Update #4

Good Monday Morning everyone! I hope your doing well :) I have a lot to do, but I seem to have found my motivation wherever I had stashed it, because I'm not feeling depressed by that! Sorry I didn't get this post up last night. I was tired, and the last thing I wanted to do was take pictures.

I had some fun with various projects this week - can't show you everything I did jewelry-wise, but here's the rest of what I worked on!

Knitting

I finished this scarf a little while ago...but I hadn't fringed it yet. I was thinking about doing beads on the fringe and finally decided against it. Instead I made a shawl pin to put on it! This is the first one I've ever made...but I already have a couple more made up to put up in my Kindred Spirit Treasures Shop :) This one (and the scarf) is a Christmas present.

Ok, and yes, I know it's a scarf not a shawl, but I think the pin looks decorative and cute, so there!

Crochet

I had to take out a few blocks from last week because I realized I had screwed up the pattern in the first row, but I got that done and the entire second row! It's not perfect, there's one spot I'm going to have to fix, but mom says it's looking good for my first blanket :D I'm going to hate tying all those strings in...

Cross-Stitch


This is definitely the project I got the least done on. I didn't even pick it up until this weekend! But I did decide on a new book mark and got the first of the butterflies for it done :) Well, except for the outlining and antenna, but that will come last anyway. The pattern had green, purples, and pinks. I changed it to blues, purples, and pinks, because the green just seemed a little weird for a butterfly. I'm horrible, I rarely do a project with out changing SOMETHING. I do the same thing with cooking...

Jewelry


I'm working on a new series! It's the same style as the Elements series - but it's going to be fairy based and each piece will have a short story to go with it :) of course I have to start with purple - what else? This piece is about half done.

I'm also working on making a bunch of bracelets to restock my consignment store with, and I have a couple hemp pieces in my brain to make, and paperwork to do, and, and, and....

I better stop blogging and get to work :P

6 comments:

Memories for Life said...

WooHoo...busy again :)

Lovin' the purple you chose for the scarf and new necklace :)

BeadedTail said...

Your scarf is wondeful! Love the new purple necklace too! Is that the Potawatomi stitch? :D

Erika said...

Hmm, do you ever take a break? You're always so busy:)

I noticed a new avi today. I like it!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Pins look great on scarves, too! Your new Elements necklace looks beautiful!
I could echo NICO! You are creative and so productive. I like your new avi, also!

Beth said...

I love the pin on the scarf--I think it looks great!

Hubster got me a crochet book for Christmas and I still need to get it out and teach myself the basics. I'm hoping it isn't too hard as I already knit. It's so hard to fit so many crafts in, isn't it?

Jenn said...

My goodness you've been busy! I really like the new necklace design! I can't wait to see the finished piece!