Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday's Featured Artist - Memories for Life!

Edi of Memories for Life Scrapbooks is an artist you've seen on my blog before. Why? Well because she's awesome! She's become a good friend and she's been a winner on my blog! This month she's also the Etsy Bloggers Featured artist - so of course I decided I had to interview her :) So with out further ado...let's get to know her! Click on any of the pictures to be taken to it's listing.

1. What type of art work do you do?

Everything paper crafting. I make several different types of scrapbooks, custom layouts, greeting cards, wedding invitations. I even make scrapbooks out of flip flops :)

2. How did you get started doing art work?

I owe my start in crafting to the 4-H Club. My aunt was our leader and she always had a different project for us each month. The month we learned how to make handmade greeting cards with stamps...I was hooked! Then shortly after we had a month learning how to scrapbook...and it was love at first sight :) I've been paper crafting for over 12 years now!

3. Do you do any other crafts?

My paper crafting keeps me pretty busy...I haven't found any time for other crafts yet :)

4. Is there a story behind your shop name?

I wanted to send the message that scrapbooks are a lifelong keepsake. And since what I scrapbook is memories...Memories for Life Scrapbooks was born.

5. What's your favorite piece in your shop right now?

My Custom Name and Word Albums are by far my most popular! I really enjoy making them because each one is unique. I like adding little personal bits here and there in the album to make each one special :) I'm also lovin' my new albums I'm making with my Bind-It-All! These should be in my shop real soon!

6. Where do you sell your work?


7. Do you blog?


8. Are you on any social networks you'd like to share?

I'm on Facebook under Edi Royer.
On Plurk under Memories for Life Scrapbooks

9. Do you watch or listen to anything while you work? If so, what?

A local radio station that plays 70s, 80s, 90s and today's rock. I love 80s hair bands :)

10. Tell us one random fact about your self *wink*
I hated the color pink until I hit my 20s...now it's my favorite color :) I guess I found my girly side!

4 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Great feature Ruthie :) Thanks so much!!!

BeadedTail said...

Fun feature on Edi! I can personally attest that she is very talented and does fabulous work!

Pamela Baker said...

Now you do the interview - after I already finished my Blogger of the Month blog. I just learned so much more about Edi. Thanks for a great interview. I love her scrapbooks. Remember a time when everyone had a scrapbook with so many memories.

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great feature on Edi!