Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Just Can't Decide!

The current BlogFire assignment is to blog about our favorite crafting technique, but the problem is I just can't decide! I will say that I'm a jewelry artist first and foremost, but I also really enjoy crocheting, knitting, cross-stitch, hand quilting, and I'd love to learn more things!

Even in the jewelry world I enjoy many different techniques. I love bead weave, but I also love knotting hemp, stringing pretty patterns, doing wire work, and there are even more things I'd love to learn how to do! You can see this reflected in my shops and here on my blog.

So how do I pick a favorite among all of those?

I suppose I'll just have to say that my favorite craft technique is whatever I happen to most engrossed in at the time! I've spent a lot of time working on my bead weaving projects today, so I could say that's my favorite today, except for the fact that I've been working on them so focusedly because I want to finish them before I start some other projects!

Yes, I'm a little crazy.

6 comments:

BeadedTail said...

No need to decide when you make so many beautiful things! It's wonderful that you are so talented at so many techniques!

Splendid Little Stars said...

I feel exactly like you! So many fun crafts to do; so many yet to learn.

Leather Made Nice said...

I would have to agree with you, Ruthie. Whatever you're working on at the time sounds like the best choice. My list of things I'd like to do keeps getting bigger as I am sure yours is too!! :D

Anne ^i^

TiLT said...

but only a little crazy, right? :)

Our answers are very similar btw

Memories for Life said...

I can see why you would have a hard time choosing a favorite...you do so many great things!

Maple said...

Very nice blog. I will study it. Thanks!
Discount Hotels Thailand